5.29.2010

week2-day 2 (4mi) -3 (3mi) -4 (6mi) + weekly weigh in

my absence of posts in these last few days is testament on how hard it is for me to stick to things, even things that i enjoy doing. so i'll just start where i left off.

a couple of days after my last post was my eighth wedding anniversary (yeay for me & the husband/coach.) we went out for breakfast, as it is the only time we were kid free, and we had plan to have a sushi dinner at home after the kiddos went to bed. i had decided beforehand that although i was going to count points i really didn't care if i went over. so i ordered a breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese and a blueberry scone for an astonishing value of 17 points! i knew i had to go out for my 4mi run and it was such a hot day that i had almost made my mind that i wanted to go to the gym to use the treadmill, you know, in a nicely controlled environment. but then i thought it would be kind of romantic if the husband/coach (h/c) and i went out together for a run so i reluctantly braved out the heat and out i went. now, when i say running with the h/c means that we walked together from our house to the beginning of the trail and then i didn't see him until i was about to reach the 2mi and he was already on his way back. but even if he wasn't a way faster runner than i am, i'm not sure i'd enjoy running with him... i'm pretty sure i'd feel like when i drive and he's in the passenger seat, i'm always tense...sometimes he makes little comments here and there like 'ah you could've gone faster' or 'didn't you see that pothole you drove into?' but for the most part he's pretty good at refraining himself from any comment...but i know he's thinking it...lol. so the same with running, i love running, not feeling judged, doing it my way which is the best way i know how, it really is very personal for me, it's me with me and i like that. so back to the 4mi... it was soo hot that i was afraid i was going to pass out, i didn't but i ran very slow,  so pretty much it took me an hour (58min14sec) to complete the run. but i was proud of myself because i really did this grudgingly.

the next day for my 3mi i went out again with my running buddy. i forgot to turn the chronometer on so i don't know what my time was but i'm assuming it was very similar to last week's since my running buddy is pretty good at keeping her pace. and even though it was after 8pm it was still very hot... around 90F. so i took a shower when i came home, had some yogurt and then went to bed....at which point my stomach started acting up like i've had something weird to eat and of course, i couldn't sleep... and neither could h/c since i kept tossing and turning and getting up. then he started worrying that i was dehydrated but i couldn't bear the thought of drinking water or anything for that matter. the next day i was fine. h/c  insists that it was dehydration but i'm not so sure, i've been very conscious about my water intake everyday. whatever it was it did not feel good.

finally yesterday i went for my long 6mi. run. i was kind of nervous because it had been so hot but like a miracle that day was nice and cool. i mean, honestly, i couldn't have asked for more perfect weather... which brings me to this petition: 'dear universe, i beg of you that the day of the marathon the weather is as perfect as it was yesterday. i thank you before hand. -mery.' i enjoyed this run so much for so many reasons. one, 6mi.!!! omg!!!! this is the longest i have ever ran!!! i just get excited thinking about it!; two, i paced myself so well (translation in non running lingo: i went really slow but fast enough not to feel like i was walking) that it didn't feel horribly hard, you know, i didn't have to talk myself up to keep going or try my hardest not to think about how much longer i had to go, those kinds of things. i could just enjoy myself doing it! even the uphill parts, i was just fine and it felt awesome!; three, the biggest treat of all. when i was starting my last mile i bumped into the husband/coach and crazy kid #2!!! (they were on their way out for h/c's run of the day) aaahh... i can't explain it, i know it doesn't seem like a big deal but i just felt such a spark of happiness, like when you open your mail box and you receive something unexpectedly good... you know? like that! so i made a mega quick stop to give a kiss to crazy kid #2 and to h/c and off i went for my last mile feeling really good! my time was 1hr28min or 14min12sec mile. so still slow but good. (i still have to remind myself, 'i don't care about the time' 'i don't care about the time')

and finally the weigh ins. during the training i'm treating the whole point system as an experiment to see what works for me right now. so for the past two weeks i've increased my points from 23 to 28 (the 35 weeklys divided equally through out the week.) so last week i lost 1.4lbs. now, this week because of the anniversary breakfast and dinner i not only ate my daily points, but also my weeklys, my activity points and then some...at the end of the week i was 21.5 points in the red. so i went to the meeting today not knowing what to expect and i lost 1.2lb....yeay! a fluke? maybe? i don't know. all i know is that this training is my great body experiment all around.

so up to today my total weight loss is: 81.4lbs. i really should post some pictures, although i don't have many... i should get someone to shoot a picture of me full body with my hands on my hips because i've noticed that's the pose of preference for the 'after' pictures.

so that's it for the week. for week 3 i'll try to mash up all the training days together so i can be done by thursday because i'll be going to nyc (by myself, thank you very much! -and thank you husband/coach!) for the weekend and i don't want to have the long run hanging over my head. i'm still bringing my running shoes because who knows, my friend and i might be able to get a run in there ...hopefully in central park, like anne hathaway and kate hudson in that movie about the brides...you know?

total mi for the week: 16mi  total overall: 31mi.
 
tomorrow: 3mi.

1 comment:

  1. so happy that you're back... i've missed your posts :)

    three things that you are awesome for:
    -losing so much weight... over 80lb. is amazing!
    -you're running a marathon!!!! can't wait for you to cross the finish line... and we'll be there waiting for you
    -your last post sounds more like you... the funny, cute writing style that i'm a big fan of (while still being able to deliver the facts/stats)... good for you!

    ReplyDelete